The Legend of Malin Kundang


            Once upon a time, there was a poor family that was consisting of a mother and her son, named Malin Kundang. Malin and his mother lived in hut in a small village near by the sea, especially in the west Sumatra. They were very-very poor.
            One day, Malin Kundang thought that, he had to leave his village, and looked for a job. So he decided to go, and asked permission to his mother.
Malin: Mom, I have to leave this village and look for a job, so, we will have better life. I know it is hard to reside mom, but I should go. I promise you, if I have been success man, I will be back.
So, what happened with his mother, his mother was really-really sad to hear it. But, she knew that, Malin Kundang was right, so she let him go. But after Malin Kundang had leaved, every day she went to the beach, and hoped her son would return soon.
Mother: It’s been a long day without you my son, and I tell you all about it when I see you again. We have come a long way, from where we began, oh I tell you all about it when I see you again. Malin, I really miss you my son.
            At night she would pray for her son’s safety, she asked the captain of the ship, where he saw her son or not. But she did not get any news about her son. As the day went by, she had been very old, she still wanted to go to the beach to ask the captain of the ship.
Mother: Excuse me sir, did you ever hear about Malin Kundang my son.
Captain: Malin Kundang? I met with him some mounts ago. If I am not mistaken, he is now married with a beautiful girl, she is the daughter of wealthy men.
Mother: Praise the lord, I am so happy, and feel so healthy, because I hear a news about my son.
            She was sure that Malin Kundang would return soon. What do you think? Would Malin Kundang return soon, or not? But one morning, there was a big beautiful ship, a young couple stood on the ship, they were Malin Kundang, and his wife. In that beach, there was his mother. Suddenly, she came to Malin Kundang, joyfully said.
Mother: Malin, you are back.
            But Malin Kundang did not believe, and he thought.
Malin: She can’t be my mother, my mother was strong one when I leaved.
            His mother could not believe what she heard
Mother: Malin, I am your mother. Don’t you remember, the reason you went away, my son, please remember me once more.
            But Malin Kundang did not listen it, he was immersed to have old mother, so he kicked the old mother, and yell at her.
Malin: Go way ugly woman, my mother is not like you stinky woman.
            She fell on the ground, she cried then she prayed.
Mother: My dear god, really if he is my son, punish him.
            No longer after Malin Kundang had leaved the mother. Suddenly, there was a big wave a thunderstorm hit the ship of Malin Kundang with loud voice, those hit everything on that ship. All of people who were staying on that ship were died.
            Those finished at morning. But the villagers could see what those had done. And not far from the shore, there was a rock looked like a shape of human. Societies believe that, it was Malin Kundang shape. Malin Kundang had changed into a coral reef. The God had punished him.

Moral Value: Never be rebellious to our parent, otherwise bad incident will be in your hand.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Story of TIMUN EMAS

The Legend of Surabaya