The Legend of Surabaya


            Once upon time in a big and spacious sea, lived two animals, they were Sura and Baya. Sura and Baya were strong, smart, and greedy. But in every day, especially abeside of the sea, there would always be a battle between Sura and Baya. Because Sura was Baya’s enemy.  In the fire battle there was no one winning and loosing. It was equal. And finally they made an agreement, they divided the area to be two, that Baya should live in a mainland and Sura should live in water, then they could do that.
Sura: I’m so bored to always fight with you, Baya.
Baya: I’m too. What should we do now, in order to prevent our fighting.
Sura: We had better divide our area to be two. You must live in mainland and I’m in water. So you must look for a victim in your area. And I’m too.
Baya: Yeah, I agree with that.
            They got small talk each other in the middle of the sea and the agreement had been done by Sura and Baya and they became peach friend. But no longer after they became peach friend. In the one day especially in the middle of resplendent moon, when the wolf was roaring up in the middle of the jungle (Auuuu). Sura was very hungry he came to deep of the sea to seek for fish. And suddenly he was surprised because all fish were nothing. Indirectly, he went into mainland and began hunting.
Sura: Where should I seek a victim, I’m so hungry now. Oh yeah, mainland.
            Several days later, Baya felt strange because several of his victim were little. And then he tried to look for where the trouble appeared. Suddenly, when Baya was taking walk to the river, there was Sura ate his victim and Baya was very angry at Sura.
Baya: Hey… Why are you hunting in my area Sura? Sura threw all the foods because he was surprised on Baya.
Sura: I’m not hunting in your area, but I’m hunting in my area, that is waters.
Baya: What do you mean? River is my area, don’t you realize that?
Sura: oh no, River is included into waters so it is also my area.
Baya: Don’t talk wordy Sura, we had better fight now, get it.
            The fire battle happened in the deep of the sea. Sura and Baya bit and stroked each other. No animal was brave to stop their fighting. But Sura and Baya did not realize that, where the water changed into red water.
Sura: This is the last for me to kill you Baya.
Baya: just try if you can do that.
Sura: No more wasting your time I’m gonna kill you now.
            In the fire battle Sura bit Baya’s tail and Baya did not receive it, indirectly, Baya bit Sura’s tail too and Sura felt so weak. He could not do anything because his tail was almost broken and Sura escape into the sea.
Baya: Therefor, don’t try to challenge me, because I’m the keeper of mainland.
Baya was very glad, because he could defend his area from Sura. Began from that incident Sura and Baya were hostile and Sura never back into river again.
Therefor we always call it as Surabaya. Whereas Surabaya makes a symbol from shark and crocodile that bit their tai each other and the story was the end.


MORAL VALUE: Don’t try to solve your problem by violence, because by using violence, it will not solve our problem, but it will make our problem bigger.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The Story of TIMUN EMAS

The Legend of Malin Kundang